Top Five Digital Health Trends for 2016: Disruption Can be a Game Changer if a Business Can Predict it
According to Accenture’s report, Top Five Digital Health Trends for 2016, “Disruption can be a game changer if a business can predict it.” Here are the trends they identify and break down:
- Intelligent Automation – big data, digital apps and devices handle the basics allowing people resources to focus on higher value tasks
- Liquid Workforce – technology has enabled anywhere, anytime access to healthcare. Crowd sourcing and workforce flexibility are leading to better outcomes
- Platform Economy – technology-enabled networks and the ability for consumers, providers, payers, and employers to all access them yield better outcomes at scale
- Predictable Disruption – once the ecosystem is established, it becomes more powerful with the addition of new, innovative offers. Many are coming from outside of health care such as gaming and consumer-based technologies
- Digital Trust – as ecosystems grow larger, vulnerabilities increase. Yet, consumer demand for security and privacy remain high
Predicting disruption across digital health encompasses a dizzying array of forces at play – technology, economic business model, consumer engagement, regulatory, and more. A thorough understanding of the competitive landscape where you play is a great first step to take if your market is rapidly changing.
This link will take you to a Sample Report for Line of Sight Group’s Competitive Landscape Program, making sense of disruptive and chaotic forces for our clients: Competitive Landscape Sample Report.